Camping! (image heavy)

Luuuucy, I'm home! And boy am I ever sunburned. Ouch! Camping was lots of fun though. I really don't know what I was so nervous about.

Our first day there was kind of a lazy day where we set up everything and then relaxed. The boys put up the tents and Laura and I organized all the baskets of stuff. We then had some dinner, made a fire and ate some smores. yum! We were even lucky enough that the rain didn't come til after we all went to bed. So thank you mother nature for being so co-operative this weekend!

blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
The second day, Greg's aunt, his cousin Liz and her boyfriend Nathan came up and we all spent the day hanging out. First we went to the lighthouse and skipped rocks into the water. Then we checked out different nature trails; one through the forest and one through the marshlands. There were so many cool mushrooms and moss growths I wanted to take pictures of, but everyone was walking super fast so I didn't get the chance to take many. I did find lots of tiny acorns though and a perfect blue jay feather. I can't wait to add the feather to my scrapbook. It's so nifty!

blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
After our nature walks we headed to the beach to cool off. While there we enjoyed building sand castles, playing with water guns and making tons of bubbles with our bubble wands. It's funny to think that we are a bunch of 20-something year olds participating in the same activities as the 2 and 12 year olds, but sometimes you just have to let your inner kid have fun! All the little kiddies on the beach loved chasing the bubbles too. In fact one of the moms on the beach came up to me and said I was a genius for bringing them and then she thanked me for letting her kids have lots of fun chasing them around the beach. Watching little kids chase bubbles is so adorable!

blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
Once the hunger set in and the sunburns were getting to be painful, we packed up and headed back to camp where Greg's parents surprised us with pizza they grabbed on their way back from town. We then played a game Greg's mom made up called Fireball which consisted of throwing a beach ball back and forth over the fire, bouncing it off the grill over the fire, then seeing how long you could keep it from falling into the fire. What a strange game I know, but it was surprisingly fun. We then had a few drinks, told some stories around the campfire (which the boys turned into a HUGE campfire by throwing all the logs at once in it) then we headed off to bed once the fire was put out.

blog lovelymissmegs megs camping
Needless to say I had a lot of fun and my opinions on camping have definitely been changed. However I think I will always be a cottage girl at heart because I can do all the fun activities you do when camping, yet there is always a comfy bed for you at night verses those uncomfortable air mattresses in a crowded tent.

How was your weekend?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and read Wanderlust & Whimsy!
I love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy! ♥